Saturday, June 18, 2011

The world's biggest contradiction

I'll admit it. I don't know what to think of it, but I'll admit it.

I'm a contradiction.

Maybe I was born this way. I can't really tell, although I doubt God puts "contradiction" under anyone's list of quirks(provided God would even give you quirks, or if it's just a part of you).

But I've come to accept it.

I've come to accept that I have a very old school mind, yet love to embrace the new school.

I've come to accept that I can watch football with a bunch of drunk goofs, yet be happy watching a tennis match from August 24th, 1978(My birthday, by the way. Don't forget to send a gift).

I've come to accept that I can go to a play, symphony, or opera with anyone now, and yet still watch pro wrestling like when I was 13.

I've come to accept that I have no natural athletic ability whatsoever, yet I have had some level of success in two different sports(Tennis and Martial Arts)

I've come to accept that we have generations of architects, contractors, business people, and engineers in our family, and I want to be an actor.

I've come to accept that I am tighter than under armor on T.O. with money, but yet I buy nothing but name brands, and sometimes even luxury items if the opportunity presents itself.

I've come to accept that I've never made more than $30,000 a year because of the path I have chosen to take, yet I've paid off all my debts, and bought a new car in 2009.

I've come to accept that my father was my hero. I adored him from beginning to end. But when he hinted at my coming home when college was over, I always said no. Just like he did years earlier, I just wanted to choose my own path in life.

So that's who I am. I never understood it for the longest time, but I do now. We're all just built differently, and that should be embraced. Some of us are 9-5ers, and some of us would rather have limited resources till we make our way in something we love.

So enjoy life, my friends. As an actor friend of mine said once.....we don't get a second take.

1 comment:

  1. We are all a contradiction to some degree, some of us just have the balls to admit it.

    ReplyDelete