Monday, February 1, 2010

Just the beginning

A little story behind this.......

I probably shouldn't be in Atlanta right now. There have been two different times where I should be somewhere else right now. First time, I was planning to go to Chicago and study with the Second City acting troupe before it all fell apart. Second time, I was down to my last $160 before I found a roommate that kept me around, and subsequently wanted me to focus on my acting career. Both times, fate seemed to intervene somewhere.

Then on October 30th, I found said roommate dead on the floor. 43 years old. All of a sudden, I had no job, and no real place to live. Lucky for me, a friend and my brother let me stay at their places for three weeks. Either way, I was in limbo though. For about three days after that, my eyes were as hollow as you can possibly get. Had never witnessed anything like this in my whole life. It just showed that we have to live every single second, and never take it for granted.

But I said to myself that I refused to go back to my hometown for good(Quincy, IL, just to let you know). I said I was going to get my life back, and work relentlessly on my career once my life was back in order.....and it happened. I got a new place to live, an old job back for supplemental income, and my life back in order. So now that all of that was out of the way, time to keep a promise I gave to myself.

My career comes first.

I've worked very hard over the years, but there was always something missing. Not anymore. No excuses, nothing getting in my way. I'm 31 years old now, and in the best shape of my life. I'm a college graduate that probably should be making 100k a year by now.....but I don't want that. I want more.

Let me elaborate.

One of my best friends' is named Greg St. Plice. A former high school, college, and semi-pro QB, and now actor and co-owner of a production company in New York. We talk every night, and we have THE same goal.......nothing but the stars. We are competitive in every single thing we do, and both of us hate to lose. We want to be trash talking each other on Academy Awards night as our movies are up for the same awards, we want to buy the best clothes, date the best women, have the best cars, and most of all, let nothing get in our way. We're both single, and have no true responsibilities.

So this is where it leads. Since January 1, 2010, I've been even more relentless than ever before. I've been on two projects, been working on a website, and completely changed my look. This blog is just the first part of the website.

I'm pretty outspoken, so I'll probably talk about everything. I'll mostly tell a few crazy stories from the earlier years, and I'll also review movies, both completely obscure and totally relevant, but most of all, I'll sprinkle in some food for thought so we can all debate a little, and I might even talk sports and other subjects. Just depends on my mood.

This is just the beginning, folks.

Jake McClain

"Adversity introduces a man to himself"


No comments:

Post a Comment